The varsity girls track team placed third on Monday, April 8th, at Norwalk. It was the Cubs’ fifth meet.
Nevada placed high in multiple events, including Addi Vorm with a winning throw in the discus, 101” 02’. Vorm also placed second in the shot with a 32’ 6.50”. Kacie Rewerts was first in the 3000 with a time of 11:12:33. The distance medley team of Caitlyn Sharp, Sydney Mosinski, Hannah Thomsen, and Rewerts ran a 4:37:14 and had a first place finish.
Some personal records from the meet:
- Madison McGaffin in the shot with a throw of 28’ 10.50”
- Eleanor Rude in the long jump with a jump of 14’ 05”
- Maddie Stevens in the 100 with 14.21
- Rude in the 400 with 1:13.60
- Avery Mather in the 100 hurdles with 18.40
- Taylor Conrad in the 100 hurdles with 18.85
- Elie Tuhn in the 800 with a time of 2:47
- Gabby Sampson in the 800 with a time of 2:49
- Thomsen in the 200 with a time of 28.19
- Mosinski in the 200 with a time of 29.06
- Elie Tuhn in the 1500 with a time of 5:44.93
- 4×100 team of Tessa Borwick, Caitlyn Sharp, Emily Plate, and Hannah Thomsen with a time of 53.88.
“It was a good first-time showing from Samara Sharp in the 100 with a time of 13.81 and the 400 hurdles with a time 1:17. Also, Avery Mather in the 400 hurdles with a time of 1:20,” said Coach Ted Johnson. “The girls still have a long way to go but I see a lot of things I like, and we are going in the right direction.”
Article contributed by Connor Schnettgoecke.